With all the information gathered, let’s start by putting a
brainfart brainstorm on paper for what the new sensor should become. As even the European Commission is concerned about our health (LINK and LINK) it’s time to design N.I.E.S.
First, what does it really need to ‘sense’ and what would be ‘cool’ to have as a extra feature if the budget allows.
In my opinion, based on what is read and would practically fit within the budget, NIES should meet the following requirements:
- Based on the NodeMCU combined with ESP Easy
- Frequent measurements with sleep modes where possible
- Measure the following:
- Air Pressure
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Carbon dioxide (CO2)
- Fine particulate matter (PM2.5 and PM10)
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Nitrogen dioxide (NO2), if budget allows
- Radon (Rn), if budget allows
- Ozon, if budget allows
- Ambient Light intensity, if budget allows
- Most important measurements visible on a small display
- Nice box to put if all into (although design is definitely not my strongest quality)
Although it is very probable that not every wish is possible, partly do to the limited budget but also because limited supported sensor with ESP Easy.